Thursday, May 10, 2007 by Emily Boyd
The advanced search operators in Remember The Milk are pretty powerful, and RTM users have come up with all kinds of creative searches to find the tasks they're looking for. Following are some of the coolest searches that users have shared in the forums, as well as some handy searches that we use ourselves. You can perform these searches by entering the query in the search box, and any of these searches can be saved as Smart Lists.
- Overdue tasks
- Overdue or due today
- Tasks due within a week (include overdue tasks)
dueWithin:"1 week of today" OR dueBefore:today
- Tasks due within a week (exclude repeating tasks)
dueWithin:"1 week of today" AND isRepeating:false
- Tasks due this calendar week (week ending on Sunday)
- Tasks due next calendar week (week starting on Monday)
dueWithin:"1 week of Monday"
- Tasks due this calendar month
dueWithin:"1 month of 1st"
- Tasks due or completed today
due:today OR completed:today
- Tasks due on a weekend
due:sat OR due:sun
- Tasks with no due date
- Tasks with no priority
- Tasks with any priority (1, 2, or 3)
- Tasks that haven't been tagged
- Tasks estimated to take less than 20 minutes
timeEstimate:"< 20 min"
- Urgent tasks (high priority, overdue, or due within 2 days of today)
priority:1 OR dueBefore:today OR dueWithin:"2 days of today"
- Completed within a week
completedWithin:"1 week of today"
- Completed this calendar week (week ending on Sunday)
completedWithin:"1 week of Sunday"
- Completed last calendar week (week ending on Sunday)
completedWithin:"2 weeks of Sunday" NOT completedWithin:"1 week of Sunday"
- Incomplete tasks that were added more than 3 months ago
status:incomplete NOT addedWithin:"3 months of today"
- Tasks tagged 'call' that are overdue or due today
tag:call AND dueBefore:tomorrow
- All tasks
(Don't enter anything in the search box, just press enter to return all your tasks.)
Many thanks to ranbarton, grawity, mddperkins, fonzerelli, rfrancis, chadcrowell, erik, and all the RTM users who have shared their search wisdom in the forums over the past year!
Posted in: Tips & Tricks