Tuesday, December 3, 2013 by Andrew Conkling
The holidays can be rather hectic times, particularly surrounding parties — for all their fun, they often require a lot of planning! This week's tip, shared by vkhubani, shows a few ways to help navigate the planning process to make them less hectic and more fun!
I am planning a holiday party at my house this season and the activity can get pretty hectic to manage (what to cook, what to wear, decorations, shopping, etc.). Not to mention keeping track of all of the things I need to do for someone else's party!
RTM has helped me manage my parties in several different ways:
- I created a list for each party that I am attending or hosting
- My Party
- John's Party
- Michelle's Party
- I use hashtags to tell me what the task is about
- I use locations to add all of my favorite stores and my house so that I get alerted whenever I am nearby (with my Android app)
And there you have it! All of my party tasks in a nice neat little gift-wrapped package. Of course, don't forget to create some Smart Lists to help you through like:
- For a quick list of things I need to buy for my party
list:"My Party" and tag:buy
- For a quick list of things I need to do to prep for someone else's party
list:"John's Party" and (tag:chore or tag:errand)
Thanks for sharing this tip, vkhubani! You're our Tips & Tricks Tuesday winner this week.
Do you have a suggestion for our weekly Tips & Tricks post? Got an interesting set-up or idea? Head over to the Tips & Tricks forum, add a new topic, and let us know how you use Remember The Milk. Each week we'll give away a 1 year Pro account to the user whose idea inspires the Tips & Tricks Tuesday blog post for that week.
Posted in: Tips & Tricks